Sunday, December 2, 2012

Last C4T

I am following Eric Langhorst's blog, Speaking of History. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Mr Langhorst's posts. I recently read one of his older posts from August entitled, My Six Goals For the 2012/2013 School Year. In this post, he lists six goals which he hopes to achieve throughout the new school year. I loved this post because I identified so much with it. In my comment I explained that I am also a list maker. Checklists specifically. I think that it is tremendously helpful when you have a lot to accomplish, to write it all down in front of you. I also like the satisfaction of crossing something off of my checklist. Mr Langhorst also hopes to reduce the amount of paper used in his classroom, and share more of his class material online for student and parent access. I thought these goals were great because they echo some of the goals of EDM 310.


I am so happy that I was assigned to this blog. The first post I was assigned to comment on was Watching The Curiosity Rover Landing With Friends On Twitter. I enjoyed this post because I thought that Mr Langhorst's explanation of his experience was so interesting. I was intrigued by his observation that during the Rover landing, his Twitter feed was buzzing while Facebook was silent. I commented that I felt like this was further evidence that Twitter is being used, not just as another social media toy, but as a learning tool.
I cannot wait to read more posts by Eric Langhorst in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment