Sunday, September 23, 2012

Summary for C4T #1

The Evolution of Education

In Brian Nichols' post Are You Playing Buzzword Bingo?, he discusses the use of "buzzwords." Many leaders use these buzzwords in their speeches. Buzzwords are words that are meant to catch our attention for a moment and stick in our memory. They are shiny and sound good, but they are actually shallow and meaningless.

In my comment I expressed how appropriate I thought this post was considering all of the media attention surrounding the presidential election. I think that politicians often hide behind "buzzwords" that they rarely back up with any real action, as if they are just going by a script.

I liked this post because he is absolutely right. Buzzwords distract us and this is the reason why so many reform initiatives fail. Actions matter more than words, especially for leaders. This post really made me think. I don't want to be sold by someone who just says all the right things but can't back them up.



No comments:

Post a Comment