Saturday, October 20, 2012

C4T Summary #2

In Mr. Dean Shareski's blog post on October 15, 2012 Random Thoughts From #Learning2 he discusses the Learning 2.012 Conference in Beijing, China. At this annual conference, educators from all over the world gather. They all have something in common. They are working to become connected educators. The format of the conference was one of hands on communication and activity. Shareski mentions that there were several "mini key-notes" who each spoke for five to ten minutes on various subjects. That sounds so much better than listening to one long, droning speech for an hour. The conference featured many international teachers, who are leading the way in connectivism. I liked that he mentioned those teachers who admitted to being out of there comfort zone with technology and how, through conversations at the conference were able to see the importance of becoming connected.


The conference was held at the Western Academy of Beijing. This school sounds amazing and I am jealous that I don't go there! Shareski describes the atrium area of the school as being a relaxing and peaceful learning environment. How could it not be with a river running through the middle of it? I would love to visit this school.
Shareski writes about the media used at the conference. The attendees were encouraged to share all the pictures they took at the conference via Instagram. They were able to view over 200 submitted photos by using a common hashtag, #learning2. They also had a professional photographer, but they were able to add this personal touch by using a sharing application like Instagram.


In my comment I said what a wonderful idea I think that was! I told him how I use Instagram almost every day and I am always linking photos I take from Instagram to my Twitter and Facebook. I have heard of this common hashtag method being used at events before and I think it is so smart. It is a great way to see what everyone in attendance experienced. Plus it is a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment