Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

About Me

My name is Meghan Lindsey Brewer, but most people call me Meg. I was born and raised in the Mobile, Alabama area. I love Mobile and I love living in the south. I hope to move around and travel after graduation.
I graduated from Faith Academy in 2010 and have attended the University of South Alabama ever since. I am still figuring out what I want to be in life but I hope to find a career in the elementary education field. I love children and I would love to have a job where I get to help them learn and discover. I want to be the cool teacher.

I am an only child, although I am fortunate enough to have a best friend who is closer to me than a sister. She and her husband now live in Orlando. My parents, like many, are divorced and I try to split my time between them. My mom and I are very close. She is the best mom in the world. She always has my back. She encouraged me to pursue education. My whole family is in Mobile which is why I hope to settle down somewhere in Alabama. I also have a wonderful boyfriend of nearly two years. He is a senior at USA and will be graduating next semester with a degree in Sociology and Anthropology. He plays bass in several local bands and we both enjoy supporting the local music community.

When I'm not at school or work I also enjoy reading, taking pictures, spending time with my roommate and boyfriend, finding fun things in the area to do and see, spending time in my church community, and cooking. I love a house full of people to cook for and laugh with.

Randy Pausch On Time Management

I thought Randy Pausch had many great points in the video. I liked that he encourages people to question, "why am I doing this?" "what is the goal?" These are really helpful when making your plans. I also like that he says that everyone should have a plan even if you have to change it later. It doesn't matter, just have a plan. The bit about "doing the right things vs. doing things right" was my favorite. His quote "it doesn't matter how well you polish the underside of the banister" made total sense. He means, don't waste time doing something that you think is going to benefit you but that is actually completely pointless. Choose wisely what you spend your time on.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meghan! I enjoyed reading your post. It seems like we have a lot in common. After reading your post, I see that your spelling and grammar are correct and your headers are bold. I did notice that your paragraphs do not have breaks between them. I had a difficult time applying the appropriate line breaks in my blog post, but I eventually figured it out. It took some time though because I have never kept a blog before. Other than that, your post is very well written and everything looks good. You seemed to enjoy Randy Pausch's video, as did I, and received some good tips for time management. I look forward to reading more posts from your blog in the future!

    ReplyDelete